Tuesday, September 02, 2008

TIME TO BE BACK

It has been quite a while. Anthony Minghella’s death has been a reminder to me about mortality. You have one life to try to achieve as much great moments as possible and once the expiry date arrives, one has to resign everything and hopefully transcend to another plane. Would everybody regret the moment he or she dies? Ah, the question!

During the economic downturn in 1997, I followed my friend, Ronnie Chan to try and set up a company that ventures into production with another friend of mine, Brando Lee. Since it was the downturn, you would have guessed the outcome for a new company coming up during the threshold of economic collapse. The company still survives today but the casualty at the time was me. Ronnie is a great mentor. During the time, I learnt more in life with him and that I would never forget. One of the things that he said was to never regret. Always live in the present. Easier said than done. We are creatures of despair. We like to torture ourselves because we will always linger in the past and see the illusion of future that never will. Our mind will always drift and it is up to us to focus on the moment at all times.

Do I regret?

Yes. Yes. I do try to live by what Ronnie has given to me. The things that you do everyday, be it something that you can control(ILLUSION!) or not, I try to be in the moment. The key word is TRY. Yes, I’m still trying but heck, I hope I will be more regular with my writing now than my constipations.

I will update later with what I’ve done so far. I’ve been to Hong Kong and Singapore in the past 3 weeks. I’m also working on a script for a telemovie.

1 Comments:

At 4:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see ur updates again. Hope to c ur work soon as well ! take care mr.patrick!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home