Saturday, January 05, 2008

The Year of Change

The past few days I've been listening to the US presidential candidates going on and on about CHANGE.... and indeed last year was a year where my life has gone through a semi-drastic transformation.

Travelled I have to India last year, a journey that has changed the way I worked for the past few years. When I returned, everything slowly converged to a single point for me to head into a new direction, a direction where I have always dreamt but dare not make. Actually, I did make it a few years back in 2004 but I was not ready yet and that costs my family a few months of grief as I was unemployed.

Meeting Sidney at a mamak restaurant one afternoon in KL was the day that changed everything. How ironic and coincidental things can be, Sidney telling me that his girlfriend was co-directing a reality show and after Sidney left, I was about to get on my trusted Honda C70, I got a phone call from the production manager of the reality show that they are looking for a director. And that day I decided to take up the offer to co-direct THE FIRM.

A great experience it was and during the directing stint, Jennifer and I decided to start our company and do it seriously. We wanted to control the end product so in order for that, we decided to get our post-production house going first. It was easy to say that we wanted to start the company but the question was..... where are we going to get the money??? Jenn did a lot of the budget breakdown and we scouted around our relatives for potentially investing into our set up. It was difficult to convince them as we have no track record to support what we were venturing into... but I thought family is supposed to support whenever one needs the assistance but it was quite a difficult push as some of them were still contemplating whether to invest or not. Later, Jenn's auntie in the US decided to invest the biggest chunk in our little set up, together with my father putting in a smaller portion.

I am proud to say that our little set up is doing OK. Anything could be much better but I am not complaining because we are moving and we are planning for bigger projects and 2008 will be a year where we will prosper (have to use word as Chinese New Year is approaching...) ;>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home