Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Blurring of Emotions

Love and Hatred... Happiness and Anger... Simple and easy to differentiate those emotions in words but how do one conducts with loved ones, friends, colleagues, clients and strangers is where others would be able to judge the person by.

Saddened I am today when I hear someone that is once close to me, treats me otherwise. A friend I consider the person to be once but in a working environment, things change. The person I considered a friend was promoted and happy I was for the person. Until... There is always one turning point in an enticing story, right? The person changed... errr... mutated! Power changes people... power corrupts... Yep! Another cliche... sad to say but it's true.

Yes, due to the problem with my feet, I had to leave my job and yet there is a certain quarter that seems to hold a grudge for my early resignation. Why?

For that, emotions have blurred the person as a professional. One should not mix personal grudges with the professional job at hand. In the end, the young kids become the casualties because of the corrupted way the person is handling the personal grudge. Should they be the casualties? At this point, I am angry. Angry at the person for being lost in the person's own personal grudge towards me, using the power granted to the person to banish me and in turn, the act only hurts the young kids!! Can't the person just pull out and look at the destruction that the person is creating!

Once I too held the power the person is having now, I never considered it as power as I treat everybody the same as I want myself to be treated, equal and not by the pyramidal hierarchy. This is how I work as a director also. The only thing that I am particular is communication among the colleagues and me is transparent and clear. I am a straight shooter and that is what I hope the people surrounding me also. Being Asian would not be as easy to be as transparent to the next as possible but we can always try because that would minimize grudges... unless the person already is envious that I was holding the position. Hmmmm...

All Hail to the the one on the throne....Errr.... All Hell to the one on the throne... (Better!)

5 Comments:

At 1:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only word I can say is
"GOD BLESS" ... ... sigh...

 
At 12:38 AM , Blogger Greg Wee said...

Hey Patrick. Hang in there! It's always tougher in the beginning. Just know that for us looking in from outside, we pretty much envy where you are now.

 
At 11:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Took me a while but finally i found you. I don't have your number thus the difficulty in contacting you...remember we used to discuss many things at your former place of work. My take on what has happened is, evil is a part of the person as you cannot make up something soooo desperately evil without being evil themself at the core. What you were facing, we are facing now..hope to leave this joint as well soon.

I shall remain anonymous for now. Here's a hint: A Kurosawa fan

 
At 11:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Dude! I know what you mean... That elusive power that slowly eats into the core of one's values. Will power that is very poor indeed...;)

 
At 12:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn them who stopped you from returning (that is if they were your intentions).

Don Corleone.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home