Tuesday, September 09, 2008

A MOMENT OF PARANG, “AMBIK” & DEATH

2AM. Finally, we arrived at my home, 84H Jalan Pergam, Sungai Petani… my hometown. Jenn did the driving from Bukit Merah to the destination. Quaint… shades of dim lights coming off the lamp posts and a few fluorescent lights that glows from the shophouses. Jenn helped to take a few bags from the trunk, and being exhausted from the trip she went upstairs together with my father who opened the door for us. We left KL about 8pm and raining heavy it was. Both of us decided to stop in Ipoh for IPOH TAUGE CHICKEN HOR FUN and we did. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal under the drizzle.

So, Jenn has just left to go upstairs. I collected a few more stuff from the trunk and closes. A HAND grabs my neck and a PARANG was wielded near my neck. Slightly rusted and stained but it still had a shine to it. Another guy, Indian emerges from my back and stabs in the air a small knife toward me. Everything happened so FAST but
that moment I felt time completely BRAKED and it was going at an extremely irritatingly snail pace. A parang next to my neck… a knife going at the air… the mysterious guy behind me gruffly telling me in Bahasa Melayu not to make any SUDDEN STUPID MOVE. Now, with these two sharp steels in front of me… DEATH flashes in my head. “This is it!!” This being the second time I got MUGGED!! Funny as it is, 2 years ago I was mugged 7am in the morning while I was heading to work on my C70. That experience had knives also. Lightning struck twice at me!!

My decision at that moment was… PLEASE TAKE WHATEVER YOU WANT!!!
AMBIK!! Har!!! Har!!! And take they did and for the second round, my wallet left my pocket and DARN!!! I.C., cards, driver’s license…ADIEU… Miss them I do. Well, at least I’m alive to write this.

5 Comments:

At 12:13 PM , Blogger Ruth said...

Ooo ... what an experience.

Glad you're ok.

Ruth

 
At 12:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

well mr patrick, if i were u, i will let them have all that first then i follow them and catch them back and then become the hero.hehe. what a very menyusahkan thing to apply back all the things that gone with the wallet. sympathize you.but what ever it is that u are ok and still can help me and my team on the short video :D

 
At 9:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remembered your first experience with muggers.... Oh my gosh! second time again. you can write or direct something about those moments ya.

 
At 1:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha! thank God ure ok Patrick!

 
At 9:51 PM , Blogger beruangputih said...

lucky u survive...
thnks god for that :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home