Tuesday, February 07, 2006

ECHOES notes - 2

Director's notes -2
The Beginning
Fate works in the most mysterious and unexpected ways. My family and I had just gotten back from Vancouver and I was beginning my year by working at a new environment where the university college has recently moved to the new campus in Cyberjaya. I was contented with the trip and while still adjusting to the new place, I got a call from Tan Chui Mui one day, telling me about the meeting between Multimedia Development Corporation (MDC) and the “indies”. I agreed to attend the meeting and in attendance were Ho Yu Hang, James Lee, Woo Ming Jin, Mui, Deepak and a few others. Vernon Fernandez represented MDC in presenting the availability of funds for short projects. I was enthralled at the idea that MDC was going to fund video projects. Straight away, my head was swimming with ideas. One of it was that I have always wanted to work with Deanna Yusoff which we have been trying to get a project called DEADLINE off the ground for the past three years. This MDC funded project would give me that opportunity to collaborate with her. When I got home, I told my wife about the project and roughly, I sketched out the outline for ECHOES for her to begin writing the synopsis first. I had other ambitious plan to get the project approved. I wanted to shoot ECHOES on High Definition (HD) as a lot of the shots would be high contrast and I wanted to test the limits of HD.
to be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home