Saturday, January 14, 2006

TRUE - 2

Personal Journal - 2
There was a particular story that has been percolating in my head for a while now since 2002 and that was about a blind girl directing a film. I tried to write a script about it but I ran into the block. The detail of the story swims around in my head but I could not get it into a white sheet of MICROSOFT WORD.

The Genesis of TRUE

I wrote an unfinished script two years ago called STARRY, STARRY NIGHT...based on the song, VINCENT and the story was also about a blind girl who is a singer. I had a beautiful opening but as the story proceeds, I did not have the personal connection to further the story or basically I suffered the excruciating cliché of the writer’s block. Early this year in Berlin, the thought of the blind girl came back again but in a different form. This time, she emerges as a filmmaker in my mind. I thought to myself that it was an interesting idea but I had to work out the logical progression of her journey being or becoming a filmmaker.
to be continued...


During a rehearsal with actors
originally posted by patrick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home