Monday, December 26, 2005

EXIT - 8 (final)

Director's note - 8 (final)

EXIT was shot in four days with a shooting ratio of 4 to 1. We had call time of 7am and ended 7pm for all the four days. Post-production took about 3 months to complete. We encountered sound problem on the first day when we were three quarter into the day, the sound operator came to inform that the air-conditioner was turned on in Sam’s booth. (Hence the inconsistency in the sound) My cameraman decided to compose the close-up shot of Ben after he reveals the murder himself. I should have had a second take on that but the cameraman did not inform me of his misdeed until I saw them during telecine.

During the post-production period, I found the person to compose the music for the film. He was a professional composer for jingles for commercials and low budget films. Again, he did it for a copy of the video tape. The sound mixing session took longer than expected as we tried to smooth out the inconsistencies and that cost me quite a bit of money.

All in all, I enjoyed the process of making EXIT and I am itching to get back into the arena again. The experience was an invaluable one. By working with professionals, it pushes your level up to theirs, as they would expect no less. Negotiating creatively and psychologically with the actors is one experience that I will hold on as I find it very challenging and fulfilling. I know of the pitfalls that I have done and that will be the benchmark where I will further improve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home