Wednesday, December 28, 2005

TRUE - 1

Personal Journal - 1
I have finally embarked on my next project which has given me a renewed, invigorated feeling. The notion of production has always intrigued me. To do or not to do...that is the question. After I have shot ECHOES last year, it left me completely exhausted physically and mentally. I enjoyed the process of it but I hated the grueling hours that I had to endure where I worked my regular job from 8.30am to 6pm and I shot ECHOES from 7pm to 7am the next morning and continued this for 6 days. Luckily it was broken up into 3 days a week and the next week was postponed to the week after due to the unavailability of the HD camera. I cherished every second of the production because of my dedicated crew members that toiled through with me to get the project done. Kylie Chan, my art director, Clarice Wong, my co-producer, Hor Suet Ling, my production manager and Jennifer Liew, my wife, the writer of ECHOES are my saviours.

Why did it take this long for my next project? I had to find a subject that I feel that I want to invest my time and effort in. After the cold response from ECHOES, I thought I took a little time to re-examine myself to realign my love for the cinema. My trip to Berlinale early in the year gave me an opportunity to observe what others were doing and my mind went into hibernation. I wanted to go back on a smaller scale project where I would not have the financial pressure that I had with ECHOES.
to be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home