Monday, January 16, 2006

TRUE - 3

Personal Journal - 3
The other thing that I wanted to do is to tell a simple story. Many nights of discussing and arguing with my friends, Johan and Brando and my wife, Jennifer gave me a more insight to myself and my works. Johan argued that I have to make a film that people can relate to, rather than the existentialistic approach of my shorts. Brando argued that I have to work within the telemovie industry first to hone my skills before embarking into the realm of features. Arguments that are valid but I took up Johan’s challenge to simplify my storytelling approach. I feel that the telemovie industry does more damage to your ability as a filmmaker than helping. The only thing that helps is the efficiency one has to have as one has only 10 days plus extra 2 days to complete a 90 min project. My wife and I discussed many nights over my future, where I am supposed to head. I am more of a person that uses my instinct and feelings in whatever things that I do and my wife is the rational beacon that anchors me down whenever I drift afar.

to be continued...

Brando and myself at Snow Summit,
California in 1994
originally posted by patrick

1 Comments:

At 10:43 PM , Blogger Piaree Raj said...

Hei Mr.Patrick.....prakash said you had a blog too....just came to check it out.....I have one as well...come by when your free....
www.piaree.blogspot.com
I just write daily life stuff....
God Bless and take care....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home