Monday, March 13, 2006

AM I MISUNDERSTOOD?

I speak bluntly sometimes. What I mean is I speak from my heart and mind and at times, people deemed that to be arrogant and self-centered. Everybody, to some degree, is arrogant and self-centered, do you agree?

The purpose I am living is to know myself (self-centered) and by doing so, I can learn to know the people and surroundings that will continually enrich my soul. I tend to speak as it is, and I can be divisive and opinionated in my ideas about films, my films, my outlook on life, music, philosophy, etc... And by that, I can be arrogant if one sees it as that. What is so wrong in having a strong personality and opinions? One gets marginalized if one does not have the same stream of consciousness as the current popular sentiments.

My love is image telling and cinema. I tend to gravitate towards Hollywood-type of filmmaking because I studied cinema in Los Angeles and lived there for a better part of my formative years, 7 years to be exact. My experience through the Los Angeles Riot of ‘91 and earthquake of ‘94 gives me a valuable insight to my living this life. My films tend to be fragmented because that is how I view the world. The characters in my films can be flamboyant, quiet, deceitful, but they are always ambiguous in their motivations. I see people in the shades of gray, don’t we all?

I have succumbed to the ultimate answer, that I am misunderstood in my attempt of image telling the way I see it as my way. Maybe I need to join the flocks but do I need to...

No thank you. I will continue to trudge ahead with the way I tell my images. At the end, I will be praised or blamed for doing it my way. I rather have that any day of the day, weeks or years... ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home