Friday, September 15, 2006

Pride & Proud

As I was searching for a parking spot, it started to drizzle. Taksu Gallery is situated in this bungalow near Dato' Keramat. Earlier, I thought I would not be able to make it as I had two meetings back to back but luckily they ended around 8pm. Now, why was I there?

My cousin, Justin had his art exhibition launch titled Justin Lim MOMENTUM SOLO 2006 at Taksu. I would not have missed it for the world. For memory sake, I remembered when he was a little boy, I would lie down on the floor with him, guiding him in sketching figures (well...mainly superheroes like Batman, Spiderman, etc...). Another one that I remembered most was when he and his family visited Los Angeles and we were in Disneyland going on this water ride, as we hit the bottom...the impact was so strong that he hit his head on the handle and I felt guilty for not being able to anticipate that... he was in a great deal of pain.

Now, while I was talking to him about his style and technique...all of the moments slowly crept into my mind. His affinity towards jazz (Miles Davis, John Coltrane,etc...) associates to the way he inspires the canvass with colors and strokes , in a way it makes me proud as he knows that I have always been a jazz lover. Justin is also a talented musician.

Congratulation Justin for last night was your night and there will be many more of such nights for you.... Continue on....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home